Examination for Police Officer Eligibility List
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must provide evidence of successful completion of the Pennsylvania Act 120 curriculum as administered by the Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission, to include the passing of the certification test.
- Must pass the following examination phases:
- (a) Physical Agility Test
- (b) Written Exam
- (c) Oral Exam
- (d) Background Investigation
- (e) Physical Examination
- (f) Psychological Examination
- A degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- New officers start at 70% salary and increase 10% after each year, reaching 100% salary in the fourth year.
- The current entry-level salary is $66,657.
- After completion of the first year, salary would be $78,846.
- Full patrolman salary in 2020 is $95,225.
- Excellent medical plan with family coverage provided at no cost.
- Dental and vision coverage.
- Deferred compensation (457) plan.
- Shift differential and Longevity paid twice annually.
- Holiday, Compensatory, and Vacation Time. Senior Officers receive up to five weeks Vacation.
- All new police facilities completed in 2017.
The closing date for applications is Monday, March 16, 2020, at 12 pm.
Applications must be returned in person to the Marple Township Municipal Building, 227 South Sproul Road, Broomall. EOE.
There is a $40.00 processing fee required. The examination will be administered on Saturday, March 21, 2020.